My Top 10 Favorite Lesser-Known Pop Melodies (Today)

When you talk songwriting, there are certain names and certain songs that come up over and over again. Fore example: the Beatles. Eventually you have to purposely exclude them from every conversation, or they are all you'll ever talk about. In that spirit, here are 10 of my favorite lesser-known pop melodies.


By "pop" I mean music written in the last 50 years or so, that is not classical.  These songs don't all follow the accepted "craft" of songwriting. They're not all "eligible" for radio play. They all move me emotionally, however, and that's the surest sign of a good melody.

So, without further ado I give you my top 10 favorite lesser-known pop melodies of all time. (Ask me again tomorrow and I'll give you 10 different ones.)

10. Always With Me, Always With You - Joe Satriani.
9. Mother, Father - Journey
8. That is Why - Jellyfish
7. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite - The Beatles (see what I mean?)
6. Tragedy  - The Bee Gees
5. You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive - Brad Paisley
4. Hollywood Nocturne - Brian Setzer
3. The Maker - Daniel Lanois
2. The Summer - John Denver
1. Falling Down - Tears for Fears

0 comments:

Post a Comment